Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We're goin' to Jackson, Look out Jackson town

So, I'm not sure if the Johnny/June Cash song is about Jackson, TN, or Jackson, MS, but it seems fitting because Drew and I are hitting I-20 this weekend for a Jackson, MS wedding. Drew's good friend is taking the plunge and Drew is a groomsman. Since he will be busy Friday and Saturday "practicing" for our big day, I'll have plenty of time to wander around the capital city of our neighboring state. I have a LOT of thank you notes to write, so my plan is to knock those suckers out (who are we kidding, we all knew Drew wouldn't be lending a hand on that task).


Instead of sitting in the local Starbucks, I decided I'm hitting up the local culture to add some flavor. Plus, I love exploring a new city. I just wish Drew could be my tag-along/drag-along.



Here's the list:




Looks like they have some Warhol and O'Keefe in their collection, so I'm hoping to find a comfy place to sit, be inspired and write.



Mynelle Gardens

Pretty day, camellias, and thank you's...how Southern




Just the shopping adventure this eclectic heart needs - (after finishing all the thank you's)


Drew took one look at my list and was (almost) thankful he will be occupied with the wedding. Any suggestions on cute lunch spots for one? Or maybe other places of interest not listed on the tourism website?

2 comments:

  1. Ah I wish I was in Mississippi, too, so that I could totally distract you from thank you's for the whole day!!!! :) My best friend from high school lives in Jackson... I'm going to ask her if she has any lunch suggestions, and I will send them your way. I hope you have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great time! Weekends away are so much fun! I bet you can't wait for your honeymoon :)

    ReplyDelete